Tuesday, October 21, 2008

devotion to my Devotions

I've found myself floundering over the years to find an intentional and meaningful time to have regular devotions to which I will stay committed.  I started yesterday midstream on a reading plan found at http://www.christadelphia.org/readplan.htm .  I've of course started in the middle of the books, but I hope to establish this habit, so that by the first of the year, I can start at the planned beginning of the readings and yearly keep on this regimen.  Having studied Bible/Missions in college, I did so much reading for class that I got burnt out on the idea, so it's been a struggle for me to establish this daily time as a desirable habit.  
This morning I read in Chronicles, Ezekiel, and John of God's provision for us.  In Chronicles, his provision for King Asa leading battle in His name.  In Ezekiel, aliens (Gentiles) included in the land dispersement.  In John, Jesus spoke of sending the Holy Spirit, and directed the disciples how to pray in His name.  
I have experienced many, many times, God's provision and amazing timing when he sets something in motion.  For instance, I mentioned last time of our first daughter, Anna, being a surprise.  She was unplanned, but God provided in such amazing ways for her birth.  My husband, 2 1/2 months after we found out we were pregnant, 2 days after Christmas, was laid off from his job.  Within twelve hours, he was hired at a new job, with over a $1.00/hr raise, and insurance that left us owing only $200 for my entire pregnancy and delivery.  We also, during this time, were able to purchase our first home.  Shortly after Anna's birth, my husband found his first teaching job, and God continued the stream of blessings coming our way.  Some of these were blessings disguised as hardship, sacrifice, endurance, but we see now God was preparing us for greater and greater blessings.  More on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment